According to residential sales activity reported through the MLS® Systems of real estate Boards and Associations in Ontario numbered 20,974 units in March 2016, an increase of 12.2 per cent from a year earlier. This was the second best month of March on record, standing less than one per cent below the record set back in 2010.
Some highlights of the report include:
- The 46,981 homes that have traded hands so far this year represent the best start to any year on record.
- The provincial average price for homes sold in March 2016 was a record $521,178, rising 11.5 per cent from a year earlier.
- Residential sales up 12.2% in March 2016 compared to a year earlier.
- New listings in Ontario numbered 34,370 units in March 2016, a decrease of 6.2% compared to last year.
- The provincial average price of homes in March 2016 rose 11.5% compared to a year earlier.
To view the full report from OREA visit http://creastats.crea.ca/orea/