Source: Barrie and District Association of REALTORS®
The numbers are in for Barrie & District Association of REALTORS® provided by CREA for April 2016.
- Residential property sales recorded through the MLS® System of the Barrie & District Association of REALTORS® Inc. numbered 553 units in April 2016, an increase of 13.4 per cent from April 2015. This was a new all-time record.
- Within the City of Barrie, sales activity rose 10.3 per cent on a year-over-year basis.
- The City of Barrie saw 353 residential sales in April. A year-over-year increase of 24.2 per cent was recorded in surrounding areas, where sales activity totalled 323 units.
“Simply put, the housing market in the Barrie region is currently the hottest it’s ever been,” said Mike Douglas, President of the Barrie and District Association of REALTORS®. “Sales are higher than they’ve ever been, which has drawn supply down to record lows, and as a result prices are up by double digits over last year.”
- The year-to-date average price for all homes sold via the Association’s MLS® System was $403,785, up 12.5 per cent from April 2015.
- The year-to-date average price figure for homes sold within the City of Barrie was $383,349. This was a 16.5 per cent increase compared to the average selling price in the first four months of 2015.
- The year-to-date average price figure for the surrounding areas in 2016 was $428,267, an increase of 7.1 per cent from the average selling price in the first four months of 2015.
The Barrie & District Association of REALTORS® cautions that over a period of time, the use of average price information can be useful in establishing trends, but it does not indicate actual prices in widely divergent areas or account for price differentials between geographical areas.
- The dollar value of all home sales in April 2016 was $268.3 million, rising 23.1 per cent from year-ago levels. This was the best April on record.
- New residential listings were from April 2015 to 863 units in April 2016.
- Overall supply is currently trending near the lowest levels on record. Active residential listings on the Association’s MLS® System numbered 911 units at the end of April 2016, down 34.6 per cent from year-ago levels.
- There were just 1.4 months of inventory at the end of April 2016, down from 2.4 months a year earlier and the lowest level on record. The number of months of inventory is the number of months it would take to sell current inventories at the current rate of sales activity.
- Sales of all property types in the Barrie region numbered 698 units in April, up 15.2 per cent compared to April 2015. The total value of all properties sold in April 2016 was $285.4 million, up 26.7 per cent on a year-over-year basis.
The Barrie and District Association of REALTORS® Inc. covers a geographical area that includes the City of Barrie and part or all of the surrounding townships, including Springwater, Oro-Medonte, Innisfil, Essa, Bradford-West Gwillimbury and Clearview. The Association provides continuing education, Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®), statistical information, and many other services to its members.